Thursday, December 22, 2005

All Grown Up

With in the last year I have realized that I am an adult, all grown up. I have come to this realization because I work with 22 year old...she will be 23 tomorrow and she makes sure to tell me each month how many months and days left until her next birthday, it is quite cute. Ah, I remember counting the days til my next birthday. I don't really do that anymore, in fact for this past year I completely forgot that I had turned 31. People would ask how old I was and I would say 30, oops.
So as I talk with my co-worker each and every day on her love life and the cute new clothes she wearing I have come to realize I am all grown up. I am an adult. I am a mom. She talks about this guy or what she did last weekend, and I think back to when I was 22/23 and remember the feeling of freedom and fun. No cares in the world, very little responsibility. I miss that. Don't get me wrong when I was 25 I created a list with my friend Kinan on where I wanted to be when I was 30 and I have hit every goal. But now that I am home and in bed by 9:30pm everynight...yes even weekends, I haven't bought new clothes in two years and I am actually wearing a maternity top today and no I am not pregnant again, I have realized I am not hip and cute anymore, I am all grown up. I am an adult. I am a mom.

1 comment:

Kari said...

That must be me! Ya, but not good things to say right now about that. I'll have to catch you up when I go back to work next week. Which by the way Nolan is quite sad about. My birthday's tomorrow!! Thought I should remind you.