Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gus' trip to the E.R.

One of the loves of my life is in the hospital, Olympia Emergency Vet to be exact. Yesterday morning Gus started to get sick and it just progressed. I know many people who would say "he is just a dog, he will be fine". But I was not fine, so I called my good friend Becky and former Vet Tech to have her assess the situation. Her advice, call the emergency vet. I did. They wanted to see him right away. So last night the girls and I climbed into our minivan with Gus and away we went.



Gus laying in the yard.

All of his test results have come back good. The boy is healthy as a horse, except one little problem, he is sick. They are pretty certain his intestines aren't blocked, and his bloodwork came back clear, so at this point the vet is settling on Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis or (HGE). Prompt vet care is a must as they need to be on IV fluids immediately and our vet has also started him on antibiotics. (Our emergency vet is a Coug so I know Gus is in good hands).

I must say a big THANK YOU to Becky. She is always there for me, especially when I have pet questions and because she felt it could be serious, Gus is getting the care he needs. Please pray he gets better. Those that know me, know that I care for my dogs just as much as my girls (sometimes more, because dogs don't seem to throw attitude at you).


Aggie is depressed without her Gus

Aggie and I are struggling through together, both sad, both scared, both counting on faith to make Gus well again.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ah, shucks! You are very welcome. I know how it is to worry about a pooch and I know how much you love your dogs. It is good to have someone be such an "advocate" for the four legged fellows. I used to hate the "it's just a dog" thing myself and have often been made fun of for the things I have done for mine. We are two of the same when it comes to this.