Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Great Snake Hunt

The girls are becoming more "rural" everyday. This past week the girls learned the art of snake hunting. Nolan, age 8, was over at our house (his mother is my co-worker and we had a company picnic at our house) and he wanted to find snakes and lizards. He found a bucket and started walking around our property "hunting" for snakes. After a couple of hours the girls warmed up to Nolan and asked if he would show them how to find snakes.





The loot


Natalie & Her Lizard




Georgia and her baby snake





Nolan and the 'mama' snake


Since last Tuesday we have been on several snake hunts, and Daddy even learned a valuable lesson...don't hold a lizard by the tail, they drop their tails to get away from predators. The girls had to show Andy how to hold a lizard. It was priceless.

Don't worry the kids put all the reptiles back before Nolan left, so no need to call PETA.

1 comment:

Becky said...

ok, this freaks me out! I HATE snakes even the little "cute" ones and creepy crawlies just freak me out. I hope my kids won't bring me things like this home. UGH! I think I need to change my blog name to city girl doesn't know how to live in the country! They are cute though...your girls not the creepy crawlies!