Monday, April 10, 2006

My Baby is "1"

I can't believe it, my baby girl is one! It certainly doesn't seem like a year has already gone by. I am starting to understand when parents say "before you know it she'll be 18 and off to college". When she was first born and I was getting zero sleep, I thought no, no it will definately not be "before I know it". But now that sleep has entered my life again I am starting to see what they are saying.
And with my baby turning one came a reflection on my life, I started looking up old friends, thinking about how different my life would be if I had just done one thing differently. I hope I am not the kind of mom who pushes her dreams onto her daughter....what I should say is if you notice that I am pushing my dreams onto my daughter please smack me and remind me that she gets to choose her life, just as I have choosen mine. And in all honesty I wouldn't choose another life, I married my best friend, have a job that I love, I have wonderful pets and the smartest, cutest baby girl ever. But I do kick myself a few times a year for not following my professional goals. Oh well I do believe that there is a master plan for everyone and if I was suppose to be some brillant news anchor taking over for Katie Couric when she leaves the Today Show then I would have applied for reporting jobs in Po'dunk, ID and would have been on my way to stardom. Instead, for some reason I have yet to figure, out I am a farmer's wife.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Looking from the outside in, your life is very put together and would make most people jealous. You have done what a lot of people have yet to do. Happiness is hard to come by, and you've found it. And don't worry, I'll be sure to smack you, if you do it to me also. :)

Lynnae said...

What a strange thing 'age' is. We grow and stretch and reach to be older and grown up, but now that we're here.... not always the great unknown that we thought. Congrats to you, you deserve every ounce of happiness that you have!

But.....why are you not blogging anymore??? :)

~Lynnae